WHO?!?!?!

Welcome to Reverend Wayne Austin Goodchild's official blog. Not that there's an unofficial one...

Click WAYNE GOODCHILD IS HAUNTED to go to his Facebook page! There's good stuff on it! Honest!

...all work on here is copyright wayne goodchild, unless otherwise stated, you cheeky monkeys...

Monday 17 May 2010

I CAN'T REMEMBER WHY I CAME IN HERE AGAIN

I always do that; come online then completely forget why.

I bought Dante's Divine Comedy today in a gorgeous hardback book with wonderful etching/illustrations, because I thought "Well it's very nice to look out, and I suppose it wouldn't hurt to cram some literary culture into my brain". To balance out this particularly lucid thought I also bought The Mammoth Book of The Mafia, which claims to be first-hand accounts from former Mafia informers. I always thought that's one thing that never existed, because, you know, they'd get killed as soon as they're found out. But evidently not.

Also started looking into 'bizarro fiction' a bit more today, and it turns out I've written a few fair things that could be classed as this - the only trouble is they're rather short. Hmmm.

Today feels a bit wasted because I woke up, couldn't get on with any writing due to having to go to an interview, got home and had a late lunch then started working on about fifty stories in a row, and found myself unable to concentrate on any of them for long. ALSO trying to wade through more Doomology subs - some are ace, some are absolute bloody piss-takers written by people who clearly didn't even bother giving the guidelines a cursory glance. And yes I know I may have just spelt 'cursory' wrong.

No comments:

Post a Comment