WHO?!?!?!

Welcome to Reverend Wayne Austin Goodchild's official blog. Not that there's an unofficial one...

Click WAYNE GOODCHILD IS HAUNTED to go to his Facebook page! There's good stuff on it! Honest!

...all work on here is copyright wayne goodchild, unless otherwise stated, you cheeky monkeys...

Monday 30 November 2009

SO LONG AND THANKS FOR NOTHING

A short-story market I mentioned a little while ago, Coach's Midnight Diner, has permanantly closed, according to Duotrope. Nuts. I'll still keep working on the piece I *was* going to send to them, because hopefully it'll end up a really interesting story that'll find a home elsewhere....

I've had a good week or so away from my pc and haven't written anything in that time, and it's all thanks to Left 4 Dead 2.

I thought about writing a little review, but I don't know if I can be bothered. Suffice to say, it's an excellent game if you can find at least one other human being to play it with (pleasingly, it allows same-console split-screen, a function so many games nowadays forsake in place of internet-only multiplayer). The AI is okay, but only really stretches to shooting the shit out of zombies and healing you/each other - don't expect a computer-controlled teammate to lob a pipe bomb at that advancing horde of monsters and you'll probably get on with the game just fine.

Interestingly, all levels/campaigns are unlocked from the start of the game, so you can play them in any order you like (although you can only get certain achievements on the xbox by playing a campaign through from start to end in one go - so no taking a break to play something else then coming back to it) with a couple of stand-out moments including rescuing a gnome from a carnival (seriously) and trying to leg it through a town as a terrifying thunderstorm slows your progress and clouds your vision.

I've also got PEGGLE FEVER and a massive headache from trying to solve some of the puzzles in BRAID.

But enough of that, I need to try and crack on with the aforementioned story, my zombie novel that's taking far too long to finish, and a couple of other things, including an idea for a zombie-western - but I'm going to try and write this one unlike a zombie story, and concentrate more on the 'undead' aspect. So no inarticulate moaning, or hunger for brains, or headshot-kills only. Well, maybe I'll keep the 'hunger for brains' angle...

No comments:

Post a Comment