WHO?!?!?!

Welcome to Reverend Wayne Austin Goodchild's official blog. Not that there's an unofficial one...

Click WAYNE GOODCHILD IS HAUNTED to go to his Facebook page! There's good stuff on it! Honest!

...all work on here is copyright wayne goodchild, unless otherwise stated, you cheeky monkeys...

Saturday 14 November 2009

I WILL WELCOME THE APOCALYPSE WITH OPEN ARMS

If only because it'll bring an end to all my worries. Yeah okay Captain Pedantic, so it'll bring a whole new set of worries with it, but at least they'll be shared by everyone.

I got a rejection for an agent query today - a polite one, but it still got me thinking. It didn't 'inspire excitement' in the agent, which could simply be their personal preference...but it still got me thinking.

I think 'first person point-of-view'* queries might be considered a 'gimmick' but I'm carrying a lot of anger at the moment and think a "confrontational" style would at the very lesat grab the agent/publisher's attention, and make them think that an angry person's targetted them for no rea reason ahaha aaahhhhhhhhhhh.

"So you think you've got problems? Should you have a latte with soy or skimmed milk? Try being me for a while, sweetheart/pal; despite living all over the place, I've been continuously (not literally) haunted by (literally) unspeakable, and indescribable horrors."

Say, that's not half-bad...

Also working on my zombie collab, and I have to say, just referring to it as a 'zombie' story really doesn't do it justice. It's MENTAL.

Going to watch The Hills Run Red soon - look for a review tomorrow, if I can be bothered haha

And why the anger? Well I am having a bad hair day.



*and as an interesting aside on 1st person POV, read THIS

No comments:

Post a Comment