WHO?!?!?!

Welcome to Reverend Wayne Austin Goodchild's official blog. Not that there's an unofficial one...

Click WAYNE GOODCHILD IS HAUNTED to go to his Facebook page! There's good stuff on it! Honest!

...all work on here is copyright wayne goodchild, unless otherwise stated, you cheeky monkeys...

Sunday 3 February 2013

WHITE NOISE IS THE MOST SIMPLE TYPE OF NOISE



OOOOOOOOIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII! I'm taking part in something called FAWM or 'February Album Writing Month', that some chums of mine turned me on to (steady on!). The idea, as the name suggests, is to write an album in a month. Or, 14 songs in 28 days. I sometimes take part in NaNoWriMo (National Novel Writing Month) which happens in November each year, but I find music is quicker (and easier?) to write, because I've been writing it for longer.

Although, I never really bother doing anything with the stuff I write on my own as it's fun just to make it. HOWEVER! I'm using FAWM as something of an artistic shove, and the album I'm putting together (which I have given the friendly and not-made-up-word title of 'REVENGER') shall be sent around to music types/labels/reviewers/what-have-you...see if anyone likes my particular brand of dirty industrial rock.

I've had some very nice comments in these last two days alone via the FAWM site, which I honestly didn't expect. But, that is part of the point of FAWM - like other 'communal' ideas such as NaNoWriMo, the event creates a community full of support, which is really nice. Not that I doubt that I can write decent music, just that I doubt anyone other than me would actually want to listen to it haha

This, and the image above, are some 'covers' I've put together. I am rather pleased with them!
SO ANYWAY. This post is as much a plug as it is a brief musing on community. If you're a musician (or just curious) check out http://fawm.org/ - I'm on it as aot7fb. What a peculiar username, Wayne. Could it possibly mean anything? Yes! It stands for 'Attack of the 70ft Bitch'. If you're impossibly curious, you can hear what I'm working on here: http://attackofthe70ftbitch.bandcamp.com

AND because I can't talk about the support of others without offering some myself, please check out some dudes I know who're doing FAWM, and the folks who've said nice things to me so far:








1 comment: